Looking to get your Ontario Security Guard License?
Getting your Ontario Security Guard License is a relatively simple process. The criteria for applying for a license are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- You must have a clean criminal record. To see what qualifies as a clean record click here.
- Prior to applying for a license, you must:
- Take the security guard or private investigator basic training course. When you complete the course you will obtain a training completion number which you will need for the next step.
- After taking the course (using your course completion number) you must register and pass the security guard or private investigator basic test. Register online at www.OntarioSecurityTesting.ca. The cost of this test including taxes is $67.80.
- Once you have passed the test you can apply for your security guard or private investigator license. You can either apply online here or apply by mail by downloading the paper application form here.
- The cost for an annual security guard license is $80.00.
If you are looking to get your Ontario Security Guard License and have not received or taken any training to satisfy the security guard training requirement as set forth by the Ontario Ministry you will want to check out www.GuardTraining.ca .
GuardTraining.ca is an Online Security Guard Training School dedicated to providing Provincially Accredited guard training to satisfy the training requirement as set forth by the Province of Ontario.